Crowdfunder coordinator volunteer
We are looking for an awesome volunteer to lead our crowdfunding campaign this September! This year we aim to raise $15,000 to deliver our core youth program, ATAWHAI. Our campaign last year was a huge success and we’re looking for someone who has great experience with PR / media, social media and with excellent writing skills. We’re looking for someone who gets our Kindness Institute vibe and someone who is reliable to join our small but perfectly formed team of volunteers to truly make a difference in the lives of young people.
We have a rad crew of volunteers who will help promote the campaign but we need someone creative to develop the campaign and lead this very important project!
This is a short term volunteer role (Ideally 6 weeks from August - end of September 2018) with potential to extend to a long term role. We’re looking for someone for 5-8 hours in the first three weeks, and 7-12 hours in the last three weeks.
What we would like you to do
- Develop & implement our crowdfunder campaign
Contact & follow up with media to promote the campaign
- Create approx 3 social media posts (across Facebook & Instagram) per week to generate donations and support (e.g. updates, stories, new ways to support.)
- Create 1 -2 newsletters, Email and private message supporters and potential donors
- Collaborate and support our Social media advisor who runs newsletters, targeted posts and campaigns
What is the aim of the work, and who does it benefit?
The Kindness Institute provides marginalised youth with tools for personal development, to overcome stress and to improve their own lives; primarily through the instruction of mindfulness, stress management and leadership capabilities. Our social enterprise arm delivers paid mindfulness programs which helps fund our work with youth who cannot afford it. Evaluations show that 100% of our ATAWHAI youth have seen a reduction in stress, an increase in focus, calmness, connection and trust.
How much time is required, on which days, and how often?
The time commitment is 4-8 hours per week with flexibility in relation to the days and times. Volunteer can work remotely or from the office and meets with the director every 2 weeks.
- Experience and competency working with media, PR and or social media
- English fluency and excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
Please email a bit about yourself, work experience and why you want to do this role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19 July.