Soclal media coordinator volunteer
This is an awesome volunteer role which is hugely important to our organisation because social media is an important channel for us to have dialogue with our current and future supporters. We’re looking for someone who has proven experience with social media, excellent writing and communication skills. We’re looking for someone who gets our Kindness Institute vibe and someone who is reliable to join our small but perfectly formed team of volunteers to truly make a difference in the lives of young people.
What we would like you to do?
- Create approx 6 social media posts (across Facebook & Instagram) per week to engage current and future supporters/followers (e.g. updates, stories, new ways to support. Add upcoming events to that calendar and supply it to our founder for approval ahead of time.
- Schedule posts in Facebook and Later.
- Create facebook events & keep instagram bio link up to date
- Respond to queries/comments made via social media channels within 24 hours if available, attend events so that live updates can be made via social or coordinate with someone at the event to send you content)
- Collaborate and support our Social media advisor who runs newsletters, targeted posts and campaigns
What is the aim of the work, and who does it benefit?
The Kindness Institute provides marginalised youth with tools for personal development, to overcome stress and to improve their own lives; primarily through the instruction of mindfulness, stress management and leadership capabilities. Our social enterprise arm delivers paid mindfulness programs which helps fund our work with youth who cannot afford it. Evaluations show that 100% of our ATAWHAI youth have seen a reduction in stress, an increase in focus, calmness, connection and trust.
How much time is required, on which days, and how often?
The time commitment is 4-8 hours per week with flexibility in relation to the days and times. Volunteer can work remotely or from the office and meets with the director every 2 weeks.
There is also a minimum 6 month commitment for the role.
- Experience and competency with social media
- English fluency and excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
Please email a bit about yourself, work experience and why you want to do this role to email@example.com by 19 July.