This is an awesome volunteer role which is hugely important to our organisation because we would not exist were it not for our amazing team of volunteers! We’re looking for someone who has strong interpersonal and communication skills and is organised and methodical in approach to join our small but perfectly formed team of volunteers to truly make a difference in the lives of young people.
What would we like you to do
- respond to volunteering queries and applications (via email)
- review volunteer applications and provide recommendations to the Director
- keep records of and file volunteer documents and communications
- conduct reference checks
- manage the police check process
- update the volunteer database
- proactively contact potential volunteers (from our database) to fill roles
- manage volunteers and the completion of their tasks
What is the aim of the work, and who does it benefit?
The Kindness Institute provides marginalised youth with tools for personal development, to overcome stress and to improve their own lives; primarily through the instruction of mindfulness, stress management and leadership capabilities. Our social enterprise arm delivers paid mindfulness programs which helps fund our work with youth who cannot afford it. Evaluations show that 100% of our ATAWHAI youth have seen a reduction in stress, an increase in focus, calmness, connection and trust.
How much time is required, on which days, and how often?
The time commitment is 5-8 hours per week with flexibility in relation to the days and times. Volunteer can work remotely or from the office and meets with the director every 2 weeks.
There is also a minimum 6 month commitment for the role.
- English fluency with minimum of 3 years work experience
- Awesome customer service & written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organised, methodical and thorough
- Experience managing staff / volunteers, interviewing, hiring and retaining volunteers / staff
- Experience working in a team
Please email a bit about yourself, work experience and why you want to do this role to email@example.com. Applications close 20 May and we'll get back to you at the end of May.